- Helmets and eyewear must be worn at all times during the operation of the moped by BOTH the driver AND the passenger. Minimum $85 fine if caught without.
- Pregnant woman are not allowed on mopeds or bicycles. It’s for your own safety and comfort.
- Infants and Toddlers are not allowed on the mopeds. The child’s feet must reach the foot rests in order to ride on the moped. The child’s minimum height on average is 42″, but this can vary between moped model and the child’s leg to body ratio.
- Excessive use of the horn will be fined minimum $50. The horn is used to give WHEN NECESSARY an audible warning to ensure safe operation of the moped.
- Mopeds can only handle up to 2 passengers.
- Mopeds are not allowed on the roads between the hours of 8 p.m. (or dark) AND 8:30 a.m.
- Mopeds are not allowed on dirt roads.
- Mopeds must be parked in a legal parking space.
- The moped may not be driven by any person other than the authorized driver(s).
- You must have a valid drivers license on you.
- The driver must comply with all town and state regulations, statues, and laws.
Protect your Noggin:
Safety is free at our shop, both DOT certified Moped helmets and Bicycle helmets are included in the rentals.
- Moped helmets are MANDATORY for BOTH the driver AND passenger. This is a town ordinance and noncompliance will result in a minimum $85 fine by the police.
- We do recommend to bring your own bicycle helmet to ensure the best fit. Rhode Island State Law requires children under the age of 16 to wear a helmet.
Eye protection is required for BOTH the driver and passenger on mopeds. This is a Rhode Island State Law. Both sunglasses and eyeglasses are sufficient forms of eye protection. We do have sunglasses available to borrow, but are on a first come first serve basis.
Closed toes shoes are strongly recommended when driving a moped, though not mandatory.
For moped and bicycle renters:
Save some time in line and complete the Participant Agreement, Release, and Assumption of Risk form. One is needed per person for everyone going on a moped or bicycle. This includes both drivers and passengers.
We regret to inform you that pregnant woman are not allowed on rental mopeds or bicycles. This is for your own protection, safety, and comfort.
If you are expecting, please ask us about our special car rate discounts!
We know babies can be expensive and we want you to still enjoy all the beauty our island has to offer, safely in style and comfort!
Infants and Toddlers are not allowed on the mopeds. The child’s feet must reach the foot rests in order to ride on the moped. The child’s minimum height on average is 42″, but this can vary between moped model and the child’s leg to body ratio. If you have a little one please ask us about our special car rate discounts! We want you to still enjoy all the beauty our island has to offer safely in style and comfort!